Friday, January 21, 2011

Milk Relatives

I would like to preface this blog by saying that this is a real thing.....well...at least in Saudi anyways. It was recently brought to my attention that not only can you be related to someone by blood, but also by milk. Yep, you read that right. If you have shared the same breast milk with another person then that person becomes related to you by 'milk'. Seriously. I'm not making this up.

A while back there was an issue in the news regarding women being alone in cars with their drivers, as this was illegal because often they are not related to their drivers. The solution for some of these women was to breast feed their driver, and he would then become her "milk related son." I attempted this with my driver Chandoo, but it didn't end up working. And honestly, who would believe that I have a 50 year old Indian son by milk anyways?

This story has provided me with more comedic material than I know what to do with!! It has taken the phrase "blood brothers" to new heights, and I'm trying to convince my Kiwi mate at work that we need to become "milk sisters!" Inshallah this will happen!!

No comments:

Post a Comment