Saturday, November 27, 2010

Portugal- Lisbon

This past week I ventured solo to Portugal, and the trip went about 100% better then I could have imagined. I flew from Riyadh to London, and from London to Lisbon. In the airport I met a American girl at the currency counter who was also traveling solo, so we shared a taxi to our accommodations, and made plans to meet the following day. I checked into a hostel in Lisbon called the Travellers House- this is seriously the best hostel I have ever been to. Very social, super clean, and great rooms. Every night the hostel had an organized activity so it was super easy to meet people!!! I met another great American girl, and fabulous guy from Czech, a couple Kiwis, and a lovely guy from Sri Lanka.

I spent the days touring the city. Lisbon has many great viewpoints, and it was lovely just wandering the back alleys of the city. I felt completely safe, and the metro was very easy to get around on. At night we went on pub crawls, to after hours clubs, and spent a night listening to traditional Portuguese/Brazilian music, and watching the locals dance. The food was delicious- very fresh seafood. If you go to Lisbon be sure to visit a restaurant called Bonjardim- they serve the most mouth watering BBQ chicken you will ever eat. Seriously the best, I went twice it was so good!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment