Thursday, April 29, 2010

The time has finally come

So I'm leaving for Riyadh in about 9 hours. These last few weeks have passed so quickly. Today was a last minute rush of errands, packing, pedicure, and a trip to the Somali Mini Mall to pick-up an abaya. Luckily I had my partner in crime, Jen, with me, and it was quite the experience. For those of you who don't know, an abaya is basically a black muumuu that covers all your girly parts, leaving much to the imagination. There are bedazzled abayas, brand name abayas, abayas of varied material. Oh and they must be black, which I'm pretty sure will feel amazing in 140 degree weather. So anyways, I settled on a very fashionable one (pictures to follow), but am quite convinced that I may end up tripping as I lost the arguement with the sales woman regarding the length.

I met up with my girls for one last Happy Hour at one of my favourite sushi places, and am currently drinking my last glass of freedom before heading to bed. My next post will be from inside the Kingdom. Fingers crossed for smooth flights and an upgrade to first class :)

No comments:

Post a Comment