Sunday, September 5, 2010

Where does the time go??

Time here in the desert is a funny thing. Sometimes it passes very quickly while at other times it feels much longer than it actually has been. I just hit my 4 month mark here, and in many ways it feels much longer than that. I have done a lot in the last 4 months- Jeddah, Bahrain, Hungary, Austria. Maybe time passes weirdly here because its hard to really live in the moment. Seems like you're always on the count down- 3 shift left this week, 21 days till my next vacation, 7 months left till my contract is done etc etc. 

So with 21 days left till I go to Jordan, Syria, and Lebanon- I am off to the Syrian Embassy tomorrow (inshallah) to get my visa. Hopefully my blond hair will work its wonders and get me to the front of the line!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment